Friday, January 11, 2013

My Strong Tower


I'm looking for a job right now. I have applied in quite a few places, but there were not to many positive reponses yet.
I mean I was able to go for an interview but I just didn't feel peace to actually work there. So I have all those thoughts of what people could think if I don't take the first job that is offered to me, or if I expect something that is too good to be true.
I have all those lies in my head that "I am lazy", "after working in missions I might not be able to work something else anymore", "my money will run out" or "I will work somewhere horrible". All those lies constantly run through my head and it makes it hard to stay content with God and trust him. But I fight against it.
It is crazy cause just in the last Blog I wrote about my fight against loneliness. But I haven't really struggled too much with that this week... Satan will never stop to make life hard for us. He will never stop wanting to destroy us. He hates us! It is a daily fight. But sometimes it seems easier for us and sometimes it is harder for us to fight this battle. I guess he tries the hardest when we are about to do something great with God. And that makes me happy. Cause I really feel like God is about to do something great in and through my life!

As I was having quiet time this morning and as I was asking the Lord for help, that he would fill me with faith and confidence that everything is in his hands, he led me to this scripture:

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

I know those words so well and yet it just always comforts my heart. And it works in every situation. Don't worry but pray! Be THANKFUL!
Well , so I started thanking the Lord for all the things I have and praying for those things that bring worries to my heart and he gave me an awesome picture for those times of trouble. Here it is:

I saw a strong tower in the middle of a battle field and also a tower in the middle of a crazy storm!
The Lord was telling me "If you hold on to that strong tower/ Me / The Lord nothing can harm you or blow you away. In times of battle you hold on to the strong tower. You might get some scratches of the explosions around you or you can feel the heat but nothing more, cause I am the Lord and I won't be shaken!
If there is a storm around you, you hold on to this strong tower. Yes you might feel the wind and the rain around you. And it feels like it's gonna blow you away. It might cost you all your strength to hold on to it but the strong tower is not to be shaken."
He also told me "Keep fighting daughter and don't worry after every battle follows peace and after every storm the sun will shine again."

Don't we have an awesome God! I have more than I need. No reason to worry. And I wanted to buy a car! I thought of an amount of money I am willing to spend and God gave me and awesome car for even less than the amount i was thinking of. He takes care of us. And he will give us what we need. But everything in it's time!! My job will come at the right time and until then I enjoy spending time with my provider!!
But hey, prayers are appreciated!=)
God bless you all!!




0 comments: