Friday, January 25, 2013

Stewardship and God's faithfulness

So this is just a little fun story I want to post. But it is also a story of Gods goodness and faithfulness!


My room I have at home in my partents's house is not too big and plus I have tons of things everywhere. I had already a lot when I was younger but with traveling so much the last 3 years and always being home for just a little while I was okay with it.
But because I know this time I will be home a little longer (only God knows for how long or if forever=) I just needed a change! In Ywam I have learned a lot about stewerdship! So I thought if I have a small room and I want something bigger sometime I might should take really good care of what I have now. Cause how can God trust me with something bigger if I can't even take care of the small!
So I decided 2 weeks ago that I wanted to rearrange my room and make it look way nicer. First I wanted to wait until I have a job to get some cute furniture for it. Cause everything costs money right. But then I said "God I have soooo much time right now to do those things. I just need to find cute cheap furniture". I went to Ikea with my mom and we had such a fun afternoon picking out little things. My mom is super awesome and paid for a few things so I only paid like 150 dollars for so many things. 
So the next day I started cleaning out my room and throwing tons of stuff away. Until my room was almost empty. And then I saw all my walls and they were still white but they just looked dirty. So I went to my dad and asked if we still have white paint and he answered with yes. Guess what I did the next 2 days. Exactly I painted my walls and after a looooong week of cleaning and throwing away stuff and painting I was able to make my room look super cute and nice.

 My room before the change! And if you believe it or not. This is as tidy as it was able to be=)

 painting and having good talks with God

After!!! I even cleaned and organized my closet

After!!!Yep everything in it's right place!!! 

After!!! New little table and a new rack for my clothes

After!!! New mirror, lamp and drawer for my make up and hair stuff(my parents kept the drawer for me, cause they got a new one)


And a little story of God just being suuper awesome...

Because I haven't been home in a long time for a whole winter I might have had lots of shoes(most of them given to me) but not any shoes that actually kept my feet warm in the snow or the coldness of the winter in switzerland. So I also wanted to wait until I get a job. But then I said to God again: "Lord, I don't have a job yet but my feet are relly cold right now, and I need shoes! You know my budget please let me find some fun and warm shoes!!"
Guess what?!? I found two pairs of shoes! They were worth 150 Dollars, BUT they were on sale and I got them for 50 dollars! God is so awesome and he cares for EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING in our life!!!

0 comments: