Sunday, February 10, 2013

Don't Worry!! Just BELIEVE!!


I just want to start this post with a story that just happened in my life!
I was looking for a job. I prayed and told God what kind of Job I would like to have. And some of the main points were: store manager, close to where I live, women clothes, and a few more..
I got a Job and I will be store manager of a women clothes store called Chicorée. It is 10 minutes away from my home and just pretty amazing.
First I didn't even apply for this position. I didn't even know about it. And the during the interview, I shared my interest in being a store manager, and then they told me about it. So the whole process of applying, interview, test working and waiting for their respond went on for like 4 weeks. It is short but it felt so long. But from the beginning I had such peace and when I talked about the Job, I just declared that I will get this Job!! There was one day of doubt. But then I talked with a friend of mine and she said "those times of waiting are hard but it depends on the attitude of our hearts"!! It was totally what I needed. I knew if God wants me to have the Job I will get it. But I still prayed for it and I continued to declare that I will have it and I BELIEVED! Now I look back and I am so happy. Cause if I would've worried the whole time, I think I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I tell you it is way more fun to get a prayer answered when you believe instead of worry!!

Here some worries I have/had and I've heard people share, and Gods answers to all those worries!

We might say: "God I don't have a job, please I need a job. What should I do all day long, if I don't have one?"
He says: "The harvest is plentyfull but the workers are few." Matthew 9:37
I know we need a job. But listen, in the time you are looking for a job work for his Kingdom. It is right in front of you and it says in Matthew 6:33 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else and live rightously and he will give you everything you need!"

We say: "Lord I need new clothes. I am tired of my old ones! Please help me!"
He says: "And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith??" Matthew 6:28-29

Some of us worry about when we'll be getting married or if we are getting to old to have kids.
But God is the Author of time and it says in his word: "But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "you are my God". My future is in your hands." Psalm 31:14-15

We tell ourselves: "I don't think I have a big enough impact in God's Kingdom!"
But the truth is written and it says: "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father!" John 14:12

"What if my life will be boring??"
God gives the answer to this one too: "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for good not for disaster. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremaiah 29:11

"But God, my past!! Will I ever be able to forget, forgive or change?"
He says: "Dear one, anyone who belongs to me has become a new person. The old life is gone, and the new life has begun." 2. Corinthians 5:17

"God do you really love me? I am not worthy of your love, am I really your Child?"
And he responds right back: "I sent him(Jesus) to buy freedom for you who were slaves to the law, so that I can adopt you as my very own children....
....Now you are no longer a slave but but my own child. And since you are my child, I have made you my heir." Galations 4:5+7

"Sometimes I wonder if the Lord even hears my prayers!"
And the truth is written: "And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests we also know that he will give us what we ask for." 1.John 5:14-15

So I just want to encourage you with two more scriptures. First, please try to worry less and to pray more. Cause that's what God wants us to do.
"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him fo al he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand, His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

And second, when you pray have faith and believe that the things you pray for will actually happen. It is so powerful and God is really challenging me to pray for things that seem impossible. And I am scared of getting disappointed. And you know what, God will not answer all the prayers the way I want to and he might even say NO sometimes, but it doesn't change the fact that he is God. Loving, patient, kind, graceful and he has still the best plan for us!!
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen. It gives us assurance about things we cannot see!" Hebrews 11:1
Be blessed and dream and pray BIG!!!!

0 comments: