Monday, June 3, 2013

Learn to dance in the rain, glorify his name, and get yourself some good friends



The other day I was talking to a friend and he showed me a picture with this phrase on it. I don't think it was anything deep we talked in that moment. I guess we talked about the weather cause it is pretty much raining since weeks here in switzerland.. And all of you who know me, know that I LOOOOOOVE the sun. I love being outside, going for walks and last but not least TANING!!=) But I haven't been able to do a lot of any of these things. It has gotten on my nerves that it was raining so much.
So back to this saying. I just couldn't get it out of my head. Cause isn't it like this in any area of our lives. We are in a season but most of the times we wana be in the next season already. We spend so much of our time thinking about the future. But like it is said on this picture 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain."

or 

"If we wait for the sun to come out, we might miss the chance to dance in the rain"

It has made me think of my life. So many times I just wanted to storm to pass. But I forgot learning to dance in the rain.
I think in whatever season we are in in our lives we are waiting for something. Isn't it true?! And waiting is defeneteley not one of my favorite things at all. If there would be a dislike button on waiting I would be the first person to press it!!
Hahaha and God is so awesome cause he is training me in waiting. But I think he is showing me more and more what it means to dance in those waiting seasons. I don't know, maybe you have a season of waiting. And it feels for you like it is raining aaaaall day long and you are just desperate for the sun to come out. But what would it look like if you would just get out and dance in the rain. I am really trying to figure out what it means for me to dance in the rain right now. I guess it is to get to the heart of God and get his perspective on things. It is to trust him with all that I am and it is...

TO GLORIFY HIS NAME IN WHATEVER I DO...

This brings me to the next point I have on my heart! I can't get over the fact that my live has the ability to glorify the name of the Lord. But it is my desicion if I let my life to be glorifying to him or not.
But it defenteley helps me in my daily choices. I have heard a message about it. The preacher talked about the will of God and what he wants us to do. And sometimes he calls us specificly to do something. But I guess many times he lets us choose what we would like to do. But it isn't as hard as it seems do decide  sometimes. I think we gotta ask ourselves one question and that is:

WILL IT GLORIFY THE NAME OF THE LORD!

It really helps me in times of decisions. Not only big decisions but also daily life decisions. Like the way I talk about my co workers, friends or family members. The way I think or the things I meditate over all day long.
I just ask myself during the day "Was this just glorifying the Lord or was it just good for me and my ego?" Often it is the second. It was just good for me. But there are days and times when I can say "yes Lord I think this was glorifying to you"
But we shouldn't be discouraged cause we are only humans. We are not perfect. But the thought just helps me so much to be faithful to God!

I really hope you get my heart and it was encouraging for you!

The last thing I want to tell you today is, if it is hard for you to walk your way with God, surround yourself with friends that help you in your walk. Friends you can meditate with over biblescriptures. Friends you can talk, pray and also have fun with. Cause I really believe community brings us closer to God!!

Be blessed!!!


0 comments: